MRO Electronic Supply is an ISO 9001 certified custom cable assembly manufacturer specializing in over-molded cable assemblies for harsh environments and a distributor of industrial electronic components. We specialize in service to a number of industries, including Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, Automotive, Telecom, and Military. We take pride in our history and growth (established in 1991, currently 100+ employees), as well as our commitment to quality and customer service
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient, and accurate financial and administrative operation while complying with established policies and procedures The Accounting Clerk is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable/payable payments. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities, administering claims, and all other accounting transactions. This position involves diplomatic interaction with customers and provides billing information and support in order to facilitate swift payment of invoices due to the organization.
- Perform the day-to-day processing of financial transactions to ensure that MRO’s finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services
- Collaborate with the Accounting Team to maintain collection goals and general A/R performance levels.
- Communicate with internal/external sales representatives and accounting/tax professionals as necessary to complete job duties.
- Complete credit analysis and review of new clients. Determine credit limits and annual review of major client accounts. Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments.
- Receive and fill out receipts for third-party payments, whether by cash, cheque, credit, or other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile customer payments to general ledgers.
- Post A/R data to profit/loss reports, balance sheets, income statements, and other documentation. Balance daily A/R batches; prepare and distribute income reports and statistics to key personnel.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers/employees.
- Form collection strategies and investigate collection problems to mitigate customer objections to making timely A/R payments. Advise customers on corporate A/R policies and procedures. Make payment arrangements for outstanding/late accounts; prepare documentation for executives.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents (ex: vendor files/file numbers)
- Issue PO’s when applicable and approved by management.
- Review and verify invoices and cheque requests; sort, code, match, and file invoices
- Track expenses and process expense reports
- Reconcile and code AP transactions and process electronic transfers and payments
- Assist with the month and year-end reports; assist with month-end closing and auditing
- General knowledge of government submissions, GST/PST, and tax documents
- Assists in other duties as needed and directed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and two years of direct experience in an A/R and A/P capacity. A combination of both will be considered.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office productivity suite.
- Advanced proficiency with ERP software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Able to read/write English at a proficient level.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Strong knowledge of collection regulations and fair credit practices.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, conflict resolution, and problem-solving skills in order to handle late payments and delinquent accounts.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy with the insight to coordinate priorities efficiently.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude with excellent teamwork skills.
- Able to communicate effectively and build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
Monday – Friday: 8:00 – 4:30 pm
Please email: email@example.com