Defense Sector Custom Connectivity Solutions
As defense and military contractors, you require, and must demand, the highest levels of quality, service, testing capability, and collaboration with your electronics manufacturer. In an industry that requires products to perform in every condition and where product failures may result in the loss of lives, you need to be able to trust your electronics manufacturing provider. MRO Electronic Supply understands the details of the products you require and the harsh environments and parameters they need to withstand in the field. We review and embed this information in our internal processes because we understand that failure is not an option.
MRO Electronic Supply is proud to be a reliable partner of the Department of National Defence Canada as well as prime contractors in the defense industry. We work collaboratively with our clients throughout the design, prototype, and manufacturing processes to produce quality electronics for custom cable assemblies, wiring harnesses and box builds for military vehicles, shipboard electronic systems, combat and communications systems, and other command and control electronic systems for our defense partners located in North America and Europe.
Keep reading to learn more about how MRO Electronic Supply can work with you to support your next electronics manufacturing design, prototype, or production projects. Contact us today to learn more.
Highest Quality Manufacturing for the Defense Industry
Your defense or military electronic manufacturing designs and products demand a dedicated, and disciplined, effort to produce electronics that meet and exceed your expectations, industry standards, regulatory requirements, and can be relied upon in mission critical environments. MRO Electronic Supply is prepared to achieve these standards on your behalf. Our best-in-class systems can complete the most complex cable build projects, meeting and often exceeding National Defence Department standards. In fact, we are so confident in our quality and capabilities, we are routinely engaged by clients who are looking to solve problems that other manufacturers cannot.
We test the work of others and provide second opinions and solutions to a variety of defense contractors. While we are happy to play this role, what we really take pride in is working with our clients from the outset of a project, to ensure that things are done correctly and efficiently the first time.
Much of the industry is struggling with supply chain delays and quality issues. MRO Electronic Supply can be your supply chain solution. Our vertically integrated approach to manufacturing has proved invaluable in recent years, allowing MRO Electronic Supply to continue providing our clients with products on time and on budget, while also allowing us to maintain the highest levels of quality by using our own in-house solutions.
MRO Electronic Supply is more than an “off the shelf” or generic solution; we want to collaborate with your team to produce custom solutions to your complex challenges. To learn more about how MRO Electronic Supply can work with your team, please request a consultation with a member of our experienced staff today.
Examples of Custom Connectivity Challenges MRO has Overcome
Our competitors are underquoting and underdelivering. The MRO Electronic Supply formula is tested and proven, and we know that our quotes are accurate. When you work with the experienced team at MRO Electronic Supply you can be confident that we will deliver the highest quality materials on time and on budget. Working alongside our defense industry partners we have overcome industry-specific challenges by developing innovative solutions and implementing relentless testing throughout the manufacturing process. Put simply, we will identify any shortcomings in the cables, not in the final project.
MRO Electronic Supply is committed to 100% tested products that are quality rated – we do not take shortcuts. We look forward to working with your team to overcome any challenges you face, including:
- Highly complex builds with up to one thousand connections per unit
- Rugged custom molds for vehicle harnesses
- Rack wiring and testing for communications centres
- Signal velocity (propagation velocity)
- Weight reduction and improving durability
- High torque and repetitive motions
Facing a defense-specific challenge? We want to help! Contact our experienced team today for a free consultation.
Defense Industry Electronic Manufacturing Services
The vehicles and equipment being developed for defense industry purposes must be perfect. We recognize that there is no room for failure or shortcuts when working with our defense partners. MRO knows that there can be no interference and that all wiring must be properly shielded. We are committed to developing best-in-class systems that meet the highest standards and exceed client expectations. The entire MRO team is passionate about working alongside our partners from inception to production. Our highly skilled team will integrate with your team throughout design, into prototype development, and, finally, into production.
We thrive on developing innovative solutions that meet our clients’ needs, and we know that our systems deliver the highest quality product on the market.
Our vertically integrated approach to production is executed in our 18000 sq ft primary manufacturing facility. We also have 3500 sq ft of injection molding and CNC machining space. These spaces allow MRO to service low, medium, and high complexity (1000+ connections) projects. Other capabilities that MRO offers specific to the defense industry include:
- Automated and Semi-Automated Cut, Strip, Crimp, Solder, and Terminate
- Mold Tool Design and Fabrication
- Weather Proofing
- Abrasion-Resistant Materials
- Torsion-Resistant Materials
If you have a problem, we want to help you develop a solution. Please contact a member of our team to learn more about MRO Electronic Supply, our services, and our custom-solution capabilities.
Electronic Manufacturing Experience
In an industry that demands perfection you need partners you can trust to deliver quality products. The MRO Electronic Supply team have the experience and discipline required for defense industry projects. In fact, we employee a team of experts that we consider to be the grand masters of electronics manufacturing. These individuals each have more than 15 years of experience and are IPC certified with more than eight years of IPC training. These experienced personnel are responsible for leading our in-house MRO training academy program, through which we continually train our staff as they graduate through IPC level 1, 2, and 3 level training.
MRO Electronic Supply is committed to continually training our team to create capacity, elevate skills, and ensure our exceptional quality expectations are being met.
Defense Industry Certified
Unlike many other industries, the defense sector cannot source an overseas solution to a complicated question or challenge. MRO Electronic Supply is your Canadian owned-and-operated solution to sensitive and challenging defense projects. We are certified to work in oil and gas, mining, agriculture, dockside or marine, automotive, telecommunications and, of course, defense. Our certifications include:
- ISO 9001:2015: MRO is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company from SAI Global Assurance for the scope of Manufacturing of low, medium, and high complexity custom cable assemblies and wire harnesses, including radio frequency (RF) coax assemblies, power, data and control cables and rugged over-molded cable assemblies.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620: MRO operates with IPC/WHMA-A-620D Certified Trainers and Application Specialists, with continuing training for all certified employees to ensure compliance with the latest revisions to the standard. We are an IPC Class 2 and Class 3 EMS Provider.
- IPC Class 2: Dedicated Service – Includes products where continued performance and extended life is required, and for which uninterrupted service is desired but not critical.
- IPC Class 3: High Performance/Harsh Environment: Includes products where continued performance or performance-on-demand is critical, equipment downtime cannot be tolerated, end-use environment may be uncommonly harsh, and the equipment must function when required, such as life support systems and other critical systems.
- Controlled Goods Program (CGP): MRO is registered with the CGP and is therefore eligible to receive technical data on various defense articles as permitted under the ITAR Canadian Exemption. MRO’s CGP registration number is CG19448 and a copy of its registration certificate, valid until April 10, 2024, can be downloaded here.
- US. / Canadian Joint Certification Program (JCP): MRO is also certified pursuant to the U.S./Canadian Joint Certification Program (“JCP”). Under the JCP, MRO is certified to receive technical data governed, in the U.S., by U.S. Department of Defense Directive 5230.25 and, in Canada, by the Technical Data Control Regulations (subject to compliance with U.S. and Canadian export and import control laws).
MRO views compliance with ITAR, U.S. Department of Defense, and Canadian Department of National Defence requirements as a priority. Its export controls compliance program includes:
- Secured network systems that restrict access to ITAR-controlled technical data
- Encryption of all ITAR-controlled technical data
- Physical security and access controls at all company facilities
- Management commitment to ITAR compliance
- NCAGE Code
MRO is registered under the NATO Commercial and Government Entity program. MRO’s registration number is L1160.
If you have questions regarding our certifications, please reach out to a member of our team and we will be pleased to provide you will all relevant information.
Electronic Manufacturing Custom Testing Capabilities
In alignment with our commitment to exceptional quality, every material or component used by MRO Electronic Supply is inspected for quality and conformity before entering the manufacturing supply stream. Additionally, every cable assembly, wiring harness and box build produced by MRO undergoes 100% testing. This stringent commitment to testing has ensured that MRO consistently meets and exceeds our ISO quality objectives. We have maintained an ISO quality rating of 99.7% for all shipped cable assemblies.
MRO offers standard testing capabilities for mechanical testing, pull testing, electrical testing, and in-crisis testing. We are pleased to offer every client the following testing capabilities:
- Pull/Tensile Strength
- Low Voltage
- High-Pot AC/DC – up to 1500 DC and 1000 AC
- Component Value (Resistance, Inductance, etc.)
- Bonding Test
In addition to these standard testing capabilities, MRO Electronic Supply will work with your team to identify and procure custom testing capabilities such as water ingress IP rating, heat resistance, continuous flex, abrasion, cold testing and more.
We know that the defense market has some of the toughest compliance regulations in the world and that if military products don’t perform as expected, people’s lives can be at risk. The MRO team are an experienced military wire harness manufacturer that understands the importance of regulations and standards, quality management, compliance, security, and confidentiality. To learn more about how we can collaborate on your next defense or military project contact us today.