MRO manufactures and supplies high quality custom cable assemblies, complex wire harnesses, overmolded cable assemblies, box builds, rack and panel builds, antennas, custom backshells and industrial electronic components. Our clients in the defence industry have come to rely on us as their most dependable supplier for military grade wire harnesses in mission critical applications. For the Defence industry we manufacture low, medium and high complexity wire harnesses for military vehicles including Light Armoured vehicles (LAV’s), Armoured Tactical Vehicles, Command and Control Modules for weapons systems on Naval vessels and custom cable assemblies for advanced radar systems, including missile defence systems and mobile-tactical systems. We take a very collaborative approach with our clients to ensure quality and also conformance with technical requirements is met or exceeded throughout every project. MRO has over 25 years of experience manufacturing high quality custom cable assemblies and wire harnesses for the most demanding applications in the toughest environments.
We have several IPC/WHMA-A-620 Certified Trainers on staff to ensure that we always have the knowledge and expertise we need to build the highest quality products on the market. We provide IPC/WHMA-A-620 training to our manufacturing employees to ensure all our assemblers are Certified IPC/WHMA-A-620 Application Specialists.
MRO operates with a regularly audited ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS). To date, MRO has maintained a Quality Rating of 99.7% and an on time delivery rate of over 96% for all shipped units. Regular training on ISO procedures is a part of our daily routine, and ensures that each assembly is properly handled and tested before shipping.
MRO is a Canadian Small-Size Business (SMB/SME), who manufactures and supplies custom cable assemblies, complex wire harnesses, overmolded cables, box builds, custom antennas, custom backshells and industrial electronic components.
The defense market has some of the toughest compliance regulations in the world. If military products don’t perform as expected, people’s lives can be at risk. We are an experienced military wire harness manufacturer that understands the importance of regulations and standards, quality management, compliance, security, and confidentiality.
Download MRO DEFENSE Brochure
MRO is registered under the Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), has NCAGE code L1160, and certified under US/Canada Joint Certification Program. Being a Canadian Small Size Business (SMB), we are able to provide a high level of Canadian Content Valuation (CCV) that can help defense primes in their ITB/IRB offsetting obligations. Our ISO9001:2015 facility is equipped with several dedicated and secured cells for defense manufacturing, and we are continuing to expand our capabilities in this area.
MRO have consistently met our strict specifications, challenging requirements and aggressive lead times. Our Militiary Spec Cable Assemblies require superior manufacturing techniques, not common in conventional Cable manufacturing. MRO have the required experience and capabilities for our Military Specifications and complex designs.
- Low, medium, and high complexity cable assemblies and wire harnesses
- Can work with low volume to high volume requirements
- High-pressure overmolding with polyurethane
- Low pressure overmolding with macromelt
- Highly skilled IPC/WHMA-A-620 certified operators trained in smaller size wires such as 32AWG to larger size wires as large as 2 AWG.
- Tool Designer and CNC machine cutting for overmold tools and panels available in-house
- RF cable assemblies requiring sensitive applications (low loss, minimal delay)
- Customized Antenna & Customized Backshells
- Complete Panel and Rack solutions
- Combination of state-of-the art automated equipment and skilled workers resulting to highly reliable workmanship
- Acquiring AS9100 certification in Q3 2023
- Can produce 60,000 units of custom cables and wire harnesses quarterly
- 28,000 sq ft Main Manufacturing, Warehouse, and HQ facility in Calgary
- 15,000 sq ft of high security Controlled Goods Area
- Branches in Edmonton and Vancouver
- Short/Open Connection
- Low Voltage Continuity Testing
- Hi-Pot Testing up to 1500Vdc and 1000Vac
- Dielectric Testing, Insulation Resistance, Inductance
- RF Return and Insertion Losses up to 6GHz
- Optical Length and Propagation Delay Testing
- Tensile Strength (Pull Testing) for Crimped Ends
- Bend/Flex Test for strain relief performance verification
- Ethernet Cable Speed Testing up to 1000 mpbs
MRO is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company from SAI Global Assurance for the scope of Manufacturing of low, medium and high complexity custom cable assemblies and wire harnesses for the Defence Industry including complex wire harnesses for military vehicles, radio frequency (RF) coax assemblies, power, data and control cables and rugged over-molded cable assemblies. We additionally serve industry sectors such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, DockSide/Marine, Automotive, Telecommunications, Military and Defense. A copy of our ISO Certificate of Registration, valid until September 10, 2024 can be downloaded here.
MRO operates with IPC/WHMA-A-620D Certified Trainers and Application Specialists, with continuing training for all certified employees to ensure compliance with the latest revisions to the standard. We are an IPC Class 2 and Class 3 EMS Provider
Controlled Goods Program
MRO is registered with the CGP and is therefore eligible to receive technical data on various defense articles as permitted under the ITAR Canadian Exemption. MRO’s CGP registration number is CG19448 and a copy of our registration certificate, valid until April 10, 2024 can be downloaded from our website here.
U.S./Canadian Joint Certification Program
MRO is also certified pursuant to the U.S./Canadian Joint Certification Program (“JCP”). Under the JCP, MRO is certified to receive technical data governed, in the U.S., by U.S. Department of Defense Directive 5230.25 and, in Canada, by the Technical Data Control Regulations (subject to compliance with U.S. and Canadian export and import control laws). MRO’s JCP Registration number is 0081550 and its certification is valid until August 6th, 2024.
MRO views compliance with ITAR, U.S. Department of Defense, and Canadian Department of National Defence requirements as a priority. Its export controls compliance program includes:
- Secured network systems that restrict access to ITAR controlled technical data
- Encryption of all ITAR controlled technical data
- Physical security and access controls at all company facilities
- Management commitment to ITAR compliance