Electronics Manufacturing Services for Defense Contractors
For more than six years MRO has been a reliable partner for prime contractors in the defense industry. Providing electronic manufacturing services for custom cable assemblies, wiring harnesses and box builds for military vehicles, shipboard electronic systems, combat and communications systems, and other command and control electronic systems for our defense partners located in North America and Europe.
Electronics Manufacturing for Defense Contractors
Our primary focus is on providing IPC Class 3 military interconnect solutions required by prime contractors working on large government defense programs. We work with companies such as General Dynamics, Raytheon, Peraton, and other defense primes and defense departments. We are able to fulfill Canadian content requirements for defense offsets (IRB/ITB), and we are compliant with ITAR, and can work with U.S. defense contractors under the ITAR Canadian Exemption.
Challenges we have overcome in manufacturing defense electronics
- Highly complex builds with up to a thousand connections per unit
- Rugged custom molds for vehicle harnesses
- Rack wiring and testing for communications centers
- Signal velocity (propagation velocity)
- Weight reduction and improving durability
- High torque and repetitive motions
- High mix, low volume to high volume
- High complexity assembly—up to 1000 connections per box.
- Automated and Semi-Automated Cut, Strip, Crimp, Solder, and Terminate
- Mold Tool Design and Fabrication
- Weather Proofing
- Abrasion Resistant Materials
- Torsion Resistant Materials
- 40,000+ units per quarter
- Low, medium and high complexity (1000+ connections)
- 7500 sq ft primary manufacturing area
- 4500 sq ft high security (CGP) manufacturing area
- 3500 sq ft injection molding / cnc area
- Pull/Tensile Strength
- Low Voltage
- High-Pot AC/DC – up to 1500 DC and 1000 AC
- Component Value (Resistance, Inductance, etc.)
- Bonding Test
MRO is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company from SAI Global Assurance for the scope of Manufacturing of low, medium and high complexity custom cable assemblies and wire harnesses, including radio frequency (RF) coax assemblies, power, data and control cables and rugged over-molded cable assemblies for various industry sectors such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, DockSide/Marine, Automotive, Telecommunications and Defense. A copy of our ISO Certificate of Registration, valid until September 11, 2021 can be downloaded here.
MRO operates with IPC/WHMA-A-620D Certified Trainers and Application Specialists, with continuing training for all certified employees to ensure compliance with the latest revisions to the standard. We are an IPC Class 2 and Class 3 EMS Provider.
IPC Class 2: Dedicated Service
Includes products where continued performance and extended life is required, and for which uninterrupted service is desired but not critical. Typically, the end-use environment would not cause failures.
IPC Class 3: High Performance/Harsh Environment
Includes products where continued performance or performance-on-demand is critical, equipment downtime cannot be tolerated, end-use environment may be uncommonly harsh, and the equipment must function when required, such as life support systems and other critical systems.
Controlled Goods Program (CGP)
MRO is registered with the CGP and is therefore eligible to receive technical data on various defense articles as permitted under the ITAR Canadian Exemption. MRO’s CGP registration number is CG19448 and a copy of its registration certificate, valid until April 10, 2024 can be downloaded here. MRO’s registration status can also be confirmed through a search of the CGP registration database, available at https://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/, and by telephoning the CGP information desk at 1-866-368-4646 or via e-mail at email@example.com
U.S. / Canadian Joint Certification Program (JCP)
MRO is also certified pursuant to the U.S./Canadian Joint Certification Program (“JCP”). Under the JCP, MRO is certified to receive technical data governed, in the U.S., by U.S. Department of Defense Directive 5230.25 and, in Canada, by the Technical Data Control Regulations (subject to compliance with U.S. and Canadian export and import control laws). MRO’s JCP Registration number is 0081550 and its certification is valid until August 6th, 2024.
MRO views compliance with ITAR, U.S. Department of Defense, and Canadian Department of National Defence requirements as a priority. Its export controls compliance program includes:
- Secured network systems that restrict access to ITAR controlled technical data
- Encryption of all ITAR controlled technical data
- Physical security and access controls at all company facilities
- Management commitment to ITAR compliance
MRO is registered under the NATO Commercial and Government Entity program. MRO’s registration number is L1160.
MRO’s primary business activities are classified under the NAICS with the following codes.