Oil and Gas
We have worked extensively with Oil & Gas clients to provide custom cable assemblies and other connectivity solutions that are rugged and able to withstand the hazardous and harsh environments of the oil fields. Our in house overmolding team has produced thousands of custom molds to increase durability and solve the unique problems found on land and sea rigs. We also have an extensive selection of durable jacket options (including steel braiding) to protect against abrasion, extreme heat, and other harsh elements.
We have experience providing connectivity solutions for land based oilfield drilling, well sites, production platforms, offshore drilling, pump rooms, logging systems, measurement-while-drilling, seismic systems, data acquisition and telemetry, and more.
Cable for Oil and Gas Industries
- High mix, low volume to high volume
- High complexity assembly—up to 1000 connections per box.
- Automated and Semi-Automated Cut, Strip, Crimp, Solder, and Terminate
- Mold Tool Design and Fabrication
- Weather Proofing
- Abrasion Resistant Materials
- Torsion Resistant Materials
- 40,000+ units per quarter
- Low, medium and high complexity (1000+ connections)
- 7500 sq ft primary manufacturing area
- 4500 sq ft high security (CGP) manufacturing area
- 3500 sq ft injection molding / cnc area
- Pull/Tensile Strength
- Low Voltage
- High-Pot AC/DC – up to 1500 DC and 1000 AC
- Component Value (Resistance, Inductance, etc.)
- Bonding Test
MRO is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company from SAI Global Assurance for the scope of Manufacturing of low, medium and high complexity custom cable assemblies and wire harnesses, including radio frequency (RF) coax assemblies, power, data and control cables and rugged over-molded cable assemblies for various industry sectors such as Oil & Gas, Mining, Agriculture, DockSide/Marine, Automotive, Telecommunications and Defense. A copy of our ISO Certificate of Registration, valid until September 10, 2024 can be downloaded here.
MRO operates with IPC/WHMA-A-620D Certified Trainers and Application Specialists, with continuing training for all certified employees to ensure compliance with the latest revisions to the standard. We are an IPC Class 2 and Class 3 EMS Provider.
IPC Class 2: Dedicated Service
Includes products where continued performance and extended life is required, and for which uninterrupted service is desired but not critical. Typically, the end-use environment would not cause failures.
IPC Class 3: High Performance/Harsh Environment
Includes products where continued performance or performance-on-demand is critical, equipment downtime cannot be tolerated, end-use environment may be uncommonly harsh, and the equipment must function when required, such as life support systems and other critical systems.