Overmolded Cable Assemblies for the Toughest Applications
Custom overmolded cable assemblies can deliver elegant and durable solutions to complex interconnect problems in challenging environments. MRO manufactures rugged overmolded cable assemblies to withstand the forces of nature. Our cables are built extremely tough to resist crushing, shearing, cold weather, salt spray, petro chemicals, mud and grime, severe shocks, abrasion, tension, vibrations, hot weather, water exposure, sun exposure and continual flexing without breaking down.
Tailored Solutions with a Collaborative Approach
Injection molding provides our clients with products that:
- are IP68 rated and capable of operating in -40C to +85C
- are oil and chemical resistant and are extremely tough and flexible
- can withstand shock, vibration, direct impact and continual flexing without damage to the termination point
- provide attractive, branded options by using cnc precision tooling that allows for the inclusion of an embossed or pad printed corporate logo on the overmold itself
Examples of types of cable assemblies we manufacture:
- Custom cable assemblies
- Molded cable assemblies
- Data Acquisition cable assemblies
- RF/Coax cable assemblies
- Mil-spec cable assemblies
- Subsea cable assemblies
- Test cable assemblies
- Military Vehicle assemblies
- Light Armoured Vehicle assemblies
- Radar assemblies
- Harsh Environment cable assemblies
- Power, Control and Signal cable assemblies
- Industrial ethernet cable assemblies
- Micro coax cable assemblies
- MWD cable assemblies
- Tactical cable assemblies
- Multimode Cable assemblies
- Surveillance assemblies
- Remote Monitoring assemblies
- M12 assemblies
- USB assemblies
Cable Assembly Manufacturing Materials
MRO Electronic Supply manufactures custom electronic cable solutions using the following jacket materials.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Crosslinked Polyolefin
- Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon)
- Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR)
MRO’s Product Knowledge Will Save You Time and Money
MRO can save you time and money. Our extensive product and manufacturing knowledge will help your team find the most efficient and cost-effective solution to your overmolded cable assembly supply challenges. When it comes to finding connectors and cables that meet your specifications and are readily available in the market, we are your sourcing and product knowledge experts. At MRO we pride ourselves on working with our clients to ensure you limit your lead times and costs by partnering to find viable alternatives. We are committed to working with you to find cost and time efficiencies for your next project.
Robotics cable assemblies
Robotics cable assemblies are at risk of failure due to twisting and turning over the course of thousands of cycles, as well as the wear that comes from operating in industrial environments. To reduce downtime, industrial robotics cable assemblies need to be able to withstand high torsion and harsh operating environments. At MRO we can manufacture custom robotics cable assemblies with continuous flex cable and special strain relief overmolded connections that will resist wear and tear—reducing your downtime and saving you money.
Defense Grade Overmolded Cables
MRO is a reliable partner for prime contractors in the defense industry. We provide electronic manufacturing services for custom overmolded cable assemblies, wire harnesses, and other command and control electronic systems to our defense partners across North America and Europe. Specializing in wire harnesses for Military vehicles including Light Armoured vehicles, Armoured Tactical vehicles and Troop Carriers.
MRO Electronic Supply works closely with our defense contractor partners to overcome the unique challenges this industry faces. We have successfully worked with clients to develop solutions for:
- Highly complex builds with up to one thousand connections per unit
- Rugged custom molds for vehicle harnesses and molded “T” adapters for efficient routing
- Test Rack wiring for communications centres
- Tight signal propagation specification requirements
- Weight reduction and improving durability
- High torque and repetitive motions
- Shielding for signal performance and clarity
- Complex shielded multi-branch wire harnesses
- Panel wiring for weapons systems on Naval Vessels
- Overmolded cable assemblies for advanced short range radar
- Overmolded cables for drone defence systems
- Overmolded cables for wearable soldier systems
- Overmolded cables for wearable K9 reconnaissance units
- Overmolded cables for breaching systems
- Overmolded cables for field medic systems including respirators and ventilators
Industrial Overmolded Cables
Our custom overmolding capabilities are used in many industries for numerous applications including communication systems on Oil & Gas rigs, data vans, computer systems on mining trucks, remote monitoring for farms and forestry, surveillance cameras for law enforcement, electronic systems for military vehicles and Naval ships, asset monitoring and tracking for the transportation industry, radar for drone defence systems, torque guns for wind turbines, solar installations, continuous flex cables for robots, wearable cables for soldier systems and K9 surveillance units, antenna cables for science and exploration, avionics and more.
Overmolded Cables Built for Oil and Gas Operations
We have worked extensively with Oil and Gas clients to provide overmolded cable assemblies and custom antenna solutions that are rugged and able to withstand hazardous Class 1 Div 2 environments. Our in-house overmolding team has worked with many clients to produce thousands of custom molds to increase durability and solve the unique problems found on land and sea rigs. Our machine shop team can make molds from start to finish just how you want them in a matter of days. We also have an extensive selection of durable jacket options including polyurethane, thermoplastic elastomer, thermoplastic rubber, teflon and many more. Our cables are built to withstand abrasion, extreme heat, water ingress, blunt force impact, extreme cold, continuous flex, vibration, extreme pull force, EMI, rough handling, chemicals, oil and more.
We have extensive experience providing overmolded connectivity solutions for land-based oilfield drilling, well sites, production platforms, offshore drilling, pump rooms, pump jacks, logging systems, data vans, measurement-while-drilling, seismic systems, data acquisition and telemetry, oilfield service, Rig Communications and more.
To learn more about how MRO Electronic Supply can support your next project with custom overmold cable solutions, please contact a member of our team today for a free consultation.