When you need dependable and durable custom cable connections for mission critical applications, deployed in the harshest environments, MRO has you covered. Our custom overmolded cable assemblies deliver elegant solutions to complex problems. MRO is the Most Reliable Option and we work with your team to develop and manufacture the highest quality products on time and on budget.
MRO produces rugged overmolded cables deployed to withstand the forces of nature. Our cables are built tough to handle severe shocks, vibrations, and continual flexing without breaking down. Our custom overmolding capabilities and solutions are used across numerous industries including oil and gas, defense, forestry, mining, surveillance, remote monitoring, communications, radar and autonomous systems, agriculture, robotics, and marine applications.
Our injection molding process provides our clients with products that:
- are IP68 rated and capable of operating in -40C to +85C
- are oil and chemical resistant and are extremely tough and flexible
- can withstand shock, vibration, direct impact and continual flexing without damage to the termination point
- provide attractive, branded options by using cnc precision tooling that allows for the inclusion of an embossed or pad printed corporate logo on the overmold itself
Examples of types of cable assemblies we manufacture:
- Custom cable assemblies
- Molded cable assemblies
- Data Acquisition cable assemblies
- RF/Coax cable assemblies
- Mil-spec cable assemblies
- Subsea cable assemblies
- Test cable assemblies
- Harsh Environment cable assemblies
- Power, Control and Signal cable assemblies
- Industrial ethernet cable assemblies
- Micro coax cable assemblies
- MWD cable assemblies
- Tactical cable assemblies
- Multimode Cable assemblies
Cable Assembly Manufacturing Materials
MRO Electronic Supply manufactures custom electronic cable solutions using the following jacket materials.
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
- Polyurethane (PU)
- Polyethylene (PE)
- Crosslinked Polyolefin
- Thermoplastic elastomer (TPE)
- Polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon)
- Chlorinated Polyethylene (CPE)
- Ethylene Propylene Rubber (EPR)
MRO’s Product Knowledge Will Save You Time and Money
MRO can save you time and money. Our extensive product and manufacturing knowledge will help your team find the most efficient and cost-effective solution to your MRO Electronic Supply challenges. When it comes to finding connectors and cables that meet your specifications and are readily available in the market, we are your sourcing and product knowledge experts. At MRO we pride ourselves on working with our clients to ensure you limit your lead times and costs by partnering to find viable alternatives. We are committed to working with you to find cost and time efficiencies for your next project.
Robotics cable assemblies
Robotics cable assemblies are at risk of failure due to twisting and turning over the course of thousands of cycles, as well as the wear that comes from operating in industrial environments. To reduce downtime, industrial robotics cable assemblies need to be able to withstand high torsion and harsh operating environments. At MRO we can manufacture custom robotics cable assemblies with continuous flex cable and overmolded connections that will resist wear and tear—reducing your downtime and saving you money.
Defense Grade Overmolded Cables
MRO is a reliable partner for prime contractors in the defense industry. We provide electronic manufacturing services for custom cable assemblies, harnesses, and other command and control electronic systems to our defense partners across North America and Europe.
MRO Electronic Supply works closely with our defense contractor partners to overcome the unique challenges this industry faces. We have successfully worked with clients to develop solutions for:
- Highly complex builds with up to one thousand connections per unit
- Rugged custom molds for vehicle harnesses and molded “T” adapters for efficient routing
- Test Rack wiring for communications centres
- Tight signal propagation specification requirements
- Weight reduction and improving durability
- High torque and repetitive motions
- Shielding for signal performance and clarity
Custom Industrial Cables for Mining and Forestry
In the frequently changing and challenging environments faced in mining and forestry, we know that damage due to abrasion, vibration, tension and cut throughs must be avoided. Down time is costly, and at MRO we understand your need to know that you can keep operating – even in the harshest conditions. Our team has many years of experience providing rugged cable assemblies for vertical and horizontal power feeds, data acquisition, onboard systems, seismic telemetry, sensors, cameras, proximity transducers, GPS antennas, and other devices.
Overmolded Cables Built for Oil and Gas Operations
We have worked extensively with Oil and Gas clients to provide custom cable assemblies and other connectivity solutions that are rugged and able to withstand hazardous Class 1 Div 2 and harsh oil field environments. Our in-house overmolding team has produced thousands of custom molds to increase durability and solve the unique problems found on land and sea rigs. We also have an extensive selection of durable jacket options (including stainless steel braiding) to protect against abrasion, extreme heat, and other harsh elements.
We have experience providing connectivity solutions for land-based oilfield drilling, well sites, production platforms, offshore drilling, pump rooms, logging systems, measurement-while-drilling, seismic systems, data acquisition and telemetry, oilfield service and more.
To learn more about how MRO Electronic Supply can support your next project with custom overmold cable solutions, please contact a member of our team today for a free consultation.